Thursday, May 06, 2010

Transparent


'Transparent' Acrylic on Canvas Board - 
For Sale £75 (inc worldwide shipping)

I turned back to acrylics for this painting today and enjoyed using them again. It is good to be able to use light washes, especially on a subject like this. Had to remember to wash out my brushes though and not just lie them down on the table as I do with oils!

I haven't managed to paint for a few days as I have had some garden design work to do. Two plant supply jobs in The Cotwolds. It has made a change. 

I heard yesterday that two of the framed paintings that were on display at Lapstone Gift and Furniture shop sold! I am so delighted! 

I have decided to join a local Art Society in the area today and have sent off my membership form. WANA (Wychavon Area Network for Artists) http://www.wana.org.uk/Site/home.html I love chatting with artist friends on blogs and Twitter but I feel it is time to talk to other artist face to face!

3 comments:

  1. This glass and the reflections are beautifully done!

    Enjoy the Art Society!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really well done! Feels like I can grab it and go get a drink of water with it. :) Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work. I admire your dedication to this daily painting malarkey.

    ReplyDelete