Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Aubergines and Linen

Great excitement yesterday! Well, for an artist anyway! I had a delivery of Winsor and Newton Artists' Acrylic. There are 80 colours in the range and they claim that there is no colour shift. The colour they are wet is the same when dry on the canvas.




I used them today to see how they are and was very impressed......
'Aubergine and Linen'
Acrylic on canvas Board 30x30cm
FOR SALE £75 shipping included anywhere in the world.


I adore Aubergines! Often buy them just because of their glossy deep purple skins! This painting was actually quite a challenge to capture that glossy skin. The colour is so dark and yet has such depth to it. I had ordered a tube of Payne's Grey and used it for the first time today. I must admit I am a convert. Up until now, I produce 'black' by mixing Prussian Blue and Burnt Umber and it can often have too much of a blue tinge. I love that you can mix crimson or blue to the Payne's grey and change it's character. Great for Aubergine skin with a touch of Alizarine Crimson.

2 comments:

  1. I love the richness and depth of those colors. I'm a Paynes Grey addict myself. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree the colours are amazing :D

    ReplyDelete