Saturday, February 13, 2010

'Plateful of Pomello' SOLD


'Plateful of Pomello' Oil on Canvas Board (30x30cm) 
SOLD


It is always a challenge to get a painting done on a Saturday with the family home! But I have enjoyed painting this cheerful plate of cut up Pomellos. (What is the difference between a Pomello and a Grapefruit, I wonder?)


Yellow can be quite a difficult colour to paint with. It is the shadows that cause the problems as it is difficult to judge what colour a yellow shadow actually is. You don't want to make it muddy and still have to keep the fresh feel to the colour. I never use black in my paintings (was banned from using black at College) so I always mix 'shadows' from Prussian Blue and Burnt Umber and sometimes crimson. The addition of crimson makes it very dark.


For Sale £57

No comments:

Post a Comment